Now that you know what types of auto insurance are required in South Carolina, it’s time to talk about some of the various types of auto insurance. Today, Batesburg Insurance Agency would like to tell you about the different types of auto insurance in South Carolina. Our independent auto insurance agency is here to help you to decide what coverage works best for you so you’ll be prepared in the event of an accident.
- Collision – Also known as “Blue Book Value” insurance, this type of insurance will cover any damage caused to your vehicle up to its current estimated value. This is very handy in the event of a major accident, like when your car is totaled.
- Liability – If you caused an auto accident, this type of insurance pays for damages inflicted to anyone involved in the wreck. Covered losses to other parties can include both physical injuries (to a person) or property damages (to a vehicle).
- Comprehensive – If your car has been damaged by something other than a collision, comprehensive insurance kicks in. Anything can happen – such as bad weather, fire, vandalism – and comprehensive insurance protects you in the event of these uncontrollable factors.
- Personal Injury Protection – Your physical well-being should be protected at all costs. This type of insurance covers your medical expenses if you’re injured in an accident. If your injuries are so severe that you’re unable to work, personal injury protection insurance can help by paying out lost wages.
- Uninsured/underinsured insurance – If you’re in a wreck caused by an uninsured or underinsured motorist, this type of coverage can help you cover the cost of any damages.
Do you need more information about the different types of auto insurance? At Batesburg Insurance Agency, our auto insurance agency will make sure you get the right coverage based on your needs. Request a quote today in Batesburg, Leesville, Columbia, West Columbia, Lexington, Irmo, Saluda, and surrounding areas of the South Carolina Midlands.