When you own a business, you need to be prepared for a wide variety of situations. That’s why business insurance is so critical for companies in the Columbia, West Columbia, and Lexington, SC area. These policies can help you handle everything from emergency health concerns to liabilities. Proper coverage is essential for any business, large or small. But what are the different types of policies for businesses and which ones should you invest in? Here are some suggestions from the insurance experts at Batesburg Insurance Agency.
- Insurance for products – If your business manufactures, advertises, or distributes products, you may need to get product liability insurance. This will help you if there should be a defective product that causes harm to one of your customers.
- Errors and omissions insurance – For certain types of businesses, including those that offer health services, you may need errors and omissions insurance. This kind of coverage can protect you in case there’s an instance of malpractice, negligence, or serious human error from your employees. This is also known as professional liability insurance.
- Insurance for commercial property – This type of coverage helps protect businesses in case of fires, bad weather, vandalism, or other causes of damages to your company’s property. You can get coverage for losses of technology, as well as damage to your whole or partial building.
- Insurance for a home-based business – If your business is run at home, you still need some type of business insurance policy. That’s because a homeowner’s insurance policy doesn’t count as business insurance. Home-based insurance policies can act like commercial property insurance by protecting your business assets in the event of damages caused by outside factors.
- Insurance for general liability – This type of policy focuses on protecting your business from cases of bodily injuries, property damages, instances of negligence, and libel, as well as many other instances that be detrimental to your company’s reputation and wallet.
Does your company need business insurance? Call or visit Batesburg Insurance Agency, and check out the services we can offer you. We look forward to working with you and your employees for all your business insurance needs in Columbia, West Columbia, Lexington, and the South Carolina Midlands.