Auto insurance is a necessity, not a luxury. It’s true that you’re required by law to have it, but it also makes good financial sense to protect the investment you’ve made in your vehicle. However, not all auto insurance policies are created equal. The team at Batesburg Insurance Agency wants you to know what to look for when you shop for car insurance in Columbia, West Columbia, Lexington, Saluda, Chapin, Irmo, and surrounding areas of the South Carolina Midlands.
- What are the insurance requirements in your state? Every state has different requirements for types and amounts of coverage. Here in South Carolina, you must carry liability coverage and uninsured motorist coverage. Your agent should always keep this in mind when they’re drafting your policy.
- How much coverage do you really need? Above and beyond your state’s minimum requirements, you must think about the coverage you need. Consider your level of comfort with your premiums versus your level of comfort with making repairs in the event of an accident. Factor in the value of your car and how much it might cost to fix it if you’re in a wreck.
- What will the deductible be? Most insurance companies will offer a choice of deductibles. Would you rather have a lower premium each month but pay more if you have a claim—or vice versa? Many drivers take a look at their cash flow before choosing a deductible. The choice is up to you.
- Do you qualify for any discounts? Each insurer is different, but almost all of them offer some sort of discount plan. You may get a better rate for having more than one policy with the company. There may also be discounts for having a clean driving record, or for having extra safety features on your vehicle.
- Does where you live make a difference in your premium? In a word, yes. It depends on whether you live in a rural or urban area. It also depends on which state you live in. Although we’d all like to pay less, we are fortunate to live in a state with relatively low insurance premiums compared to other parts of the country.
And there’s more good news: When you work with Batesburg Insurance Agency, we’ll take care of a lot of the research for you. That’s because we’re a Trusted Choice independent insurance agency. We’ll talk to you about your needs. Then we’ll compare the market for car insurance to find the best policy for your vehicle and budget. We’re always happy to help our customers get the right coverage while saving money on their auto insurance.