Auto insurance…you have to have it but you hate paying for it. Even though we run an insurance agency, we understand where you’re coming from. But at the end of the day, most drivers understand that car insurance is there to protect them in case an accident happens. However, there are ways for you to cut your costs without cutting your benefits. Here are five ways to save money on your auto insurance before the new year.
- Raise your deductibles. This is one of the easiest ways to reduce your insurance bill. Raising your deductible can save you approximately 10 to 15 percent. Of course, you shouldn’t raise it above an amount you’d be able to pay. The goal is to save you money, not create financial hardship.
- Adjust your coverage. Talk with your agent to see if your coverage limits are what you really need or if they can be lowered. Again, you need to have adequate protection without overdoing it.
- Find discounts. Many auto insurance companies offer discounts for students, members of the military, or those with good driving records.
- Bundle your policies. Do you have other insurance policies for your home, boat, or RV? Bundling your coverage can save you big money.
- Shop around. You may be surprised at how much you can save just by shopping your policy around. But you don’t have to call a dozen different agencies. Instead, find a company that represents multiple insurers. These agents will do all the legwork for you and find the best coverage at the best rates for your individual needs.
Here at Batesburg Insurance Agency, we can help you with all of these money-saving tips. As a Trusted Choice independent insurance agency, we can insure you through some of the nation’s top companies. Plus, our small town approach means we’ll get to know you. Call us for car insurance for your vehicle in Batesburg, Leesville, Saluda, Chapin, Lexington, Columbia, and West Columbia.
Come back next month for even more money-saving tips for your auto insurance policy.